Okuma America Technology Showcase
The Okuma America Corporation 2013 Technology Showcase gives attendees the opportunity to witness the latest technology via hands-on demonstrations, and allows them to learn how this new technology can be applied to their specific manufacturing challenges.
Cutting demonstrations will include how to work with composite material, Inconel, titanium and carbon fiber, on a variety of machines including the LB-3000 EX, MULTUS B750, MB-4000H, PALLETACE (flexible manufacturing system), and the VTR-160A double column turning center.
Members of Partners in THINC will demonstrate how peripheral equipment such as tooling, gaging, workholding, automation, and CNC control software can be integrated with Okuma technology to improve productivity. This three-day event features a wide array of learning opportunities, allowing each attendee to customize the experience.
Featured areas include:
• Proprietary Okuma technologies including Collision Avoidance System, Thermal Active Stabilizer, Machining-Navi, Super-NURBS, Turn-Cut and 5-Axis Auto Tuning System
• Drawing-to-part demonstrations show the process of taking a concept from design to a shippable part, for a variety of applications utilizing technology from Partners in THINC
• Lights-out manufacturing using an automation cell on a low-cost, high-accuracy CNC lathe
• Hard turning Rc60+ on an LB-3000EX lathe, to save time and money
• Gear cutting on a 2-axis lathe with milling function and on a multi-function lathe
• Various automation cells ranging from barfeeding a lathe, to robot loading/unloading, to a full flexible manufacturing system (FMS) with three integrated horizontal machining centers
• More than 10 educational demo-nars each day on a variety of topics such as Caron Engineering Adaptive Software (TMAC), Renishaw Equator, Real Time Connectability, Machining-Navi, and Turn-Cut, PALLETACE (FMS)
1900 Westhall Dr.
Charlotte, North Carolina 28278