Makino’s 2014 Automotive Technology Days
Makino’s Automotive Technology Days takes place at the company’s Auburn Hills, Mich., technology center and is expected to provide attendees with engineering solutions that can offer greater throughput, repeatable performance and improved profitability to compete and succeed in the global market.
“Without a doubt, the North American automotive market is experiencing a renaissance that will be well represented at the 2014 International Auto Show,” said Mark Rentschler, marketing manager at Makino. “Meeting this rising demand will require substantial retooling efforts within the automotive manufacturing industry, and Makino is proud to support these efforts. Attendees of our Automotive Technology Days will learn about the latest machining processes and high-performance technologies necessary to seize market growth opportunities and improve their bottom line. There has never been a more important time to invest in the future.”
Attendees of Makino’s Automotive Technology Days can expect a full line-up of cutting demonstrations, technical presentations and a visit to the North American International Auto Show at the Cobo Center. Featured guest speaker for the event is Brett C. Smith, co-director of the Manufacturing, Engineering and Technology Group at the Center for Automotive Research (CAR). During the private dinner at the Cobo Center, Smith plans to discuss the trends he has observed through his research on advanced powertrain technology, manufacturing forecasting, product analysis, supplier/OEM strategies and workforce skill requirements.
Featured Machines and Demonstrations — At Automotive Technology Days, Makino engineers are going to be available for one-on-one consultations to help manufacturers identify a manufacturing solution that best fits their unique needs. Presentations are going to focus on automation solutions, equipment ROI, automated material handling systems and the introduction of Makino’s newest horizontal machining center. Attendees can also observe a variety of machine demonstrations as noted below:
- a61nx horizontal machining center: Cutting a fluid cylinder block with a variety of milling and drilling operations (20 tools in all) typically reserved for larger 50-taper machines.
- PS65-a51nx automated cell: Demonstrates how it is possible to combine a vertical and horizontal machining center into an automated machining cell to process a V-twin-style cylinder block in three operations in a cost-competitive manner.
- MMC2 with MAS-A5 cell controller: Learn how to virtually eliminate setup and changeover times on the fly while managing production schedules, costs and throughput.
- MPmax: Learn how this software can help personnel monitor production and other functions in real time to improve the ability to manage a complex production machining system.
- PS95: Watch this vertical machining center cut a fluid block of C2 cast iron in less than 14 minutes.
2600 Superior Court
Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326