CIMdata’s PLM Road Map 2014
CIMdata, Inc., the global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm announces the agenda topics for PLM Road Map™ 2014.
PLM Road Map is an event for industry executives and PLM practitioners globally—providing independent education and a collaborative networking environment where ideas, trends, experiences, and relationships critical to the industry germinate and take root. This year’s event will focus on PLM-enabled continuous product development and delivery for the automotive and transportation industry and supply chain. Presentation topics will include:
· The Volvo Journey which will look at how a global brand with only 0.5% of world market share is able to stay competitive.
· Exceeding Requirements Using Model-Based Systems Engineering will help attendees understand how tools and standards are emerging to support early, 1D and mixed fidelity modeling to help better define systems using a model-based systems engineering approach.
· New Age Collaboration and Design will consider how design collaboration must change to take advantage of the new social approaches.
· Global Product Development and the CAE Challenge will offer an understanding of the demands of modern day global product development and a realization of how that impacts design and simulation.
· Advanced Information Technology Solutions: An Engine of Innovation will identify the key market drivers that influence the use of automotive IT solutions, investigate new tools and approaches that address these market drivers, and evaluate IT’s potential impact on the automotive industry.
· Model-Based Systems Engineering and PLM will consider the importance of having key suppliers in PLM, virtual engineering, and embedded systems development integrate their solutions effectively.
· A Flexible Approach to PLM will provide more detail on how one company's experience with PLM led to a non-traditional PLM implementation that extended to multiple technical disciplines including mechanical, electronic, and software.
· Additive Manufacturing and Conformal Cooling will demonstrate how the use of additive manufacturing can help reduce cycle times and drastically improve part quality.
· The “platformization” of PLM will describe how the PLM platforms of the future will be the foundation upon which functional capabilities, data, and processes are enabled and executed.
44045 Five Mile Road
Plymouth, Michigan 48170